GE Staff

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GE staff forum

3 posters

Forum software

ashimashi
    ashimashi

Forum software Empty Forum software

Post  ashimashi Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:48 pm

This is just your opinion I want to see what people like.

What forum software would you like the site to get? Just trying to see what others like

MYBB
    PHPBB
    Xenforo
    vBulletin
    IPB

I suggest Xenforo for the forum but you guys could start with something free at first like Mybb then upgrade. Anyways I can most likely get a good deal from someone for a Xenforo license if we are looking for that. But I suggest not to use free and then go to paid because it will mess lots of things up because we are not just a forum.

But anyways that is just my opinion, post yours to see what others are into:
    Ather

Forum software Empty Re: Forum software

Post  Ather Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:28 am

ashimashi wrote:This is just your opinion I want to see what people like.

What forum software would you like the site to get? Just trying to see what others like

MYBB
    PHPBB
    Xenforo
    vBulletin
    IPB

I suggest Xenforo for the forum but you guys could start with something free at first like Mybb then upgrade. Anyways I can most likely get a good deal from someone for a Xenforo license if we are looking for that. But I suggest not to use free and then go to paid because it will mess lots of things up because we are not just a forum.

But anyways that is just my opinion, post yours to see what others are into:

True, it would be more then advicable then to start with a free one like myBB, wich is my most prefered one as for free forums.
    ashimashi
    ashimashi

Post  ashimashi Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:21 am

Ather wrote:
    True, it would be more then advicable then to start with a free one like myBB, wich is my most preferred one as for free forums.
    Which paid one do you like the best? I love vBulletin but honestly it is falling apart bit by bit and Xenforo is new and is actually very interesting. It has lots of great features and is great for gaming.

here are some examples:

with dark theme: http://gamercafe.net/
    with light theme(I like this the best): http://www.adminforums.org/
    Nova

Post  Nova Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Xenforo sounds and looks good. Any objections, opinions, or past experience?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:04 pm